3-K For All
Welcome 3K and Pre-K to P.S. 100
Welcome to PS 100
3K & Pre-K
September 18, 2020
Dear Families of Our Brand New 3K & PreK Students,
I am so excited to begin our year together here at PS 100! I am Ms. Arbolino, the Principal of PS 100. I know that you have been eagerly awaiting the moment where your students begin their school career!
Our first day of In-Person Learning will be September 21, 2020 for COHORT A ONLY.
Schedule for the first week of in-person learning is as follows:
Monday, 9/21/20: Cohort A* First DAY
Tuesday, 9/22/20: Cohort B* First Day
Wednesday, 9/23/20: Cohort A
Thursday, 9/24/20: Cohort B
Friday, 9/25/20: Cohort C* First Day
Time: 8:30am - 10:30am DAILY for the first week of school
*Remote 3K and PreK are learning at home every day!
We are excited to be part of this new journey with you and your child. Pre-Kindergarten is a wonderful new experience. Our teachers are ready to welcome the students and engage in new discoveries and fun learning experiences. We are excited and look forward to getting to know all our students as they learn and grow!
In order to build strong communication between home and school, there are a few items that I want to share with you as we begin the school year.
ARRIVAL/MORNING STUDENT DROP OFF – 8:30 AM
- Arrival for Pre-Kindergarten In-Person students begins at 8:30 am. Students cannot be dropped off earlier.
- 3K and Pre-K Students will enter the building through their classroom doors via the small play yard.
- Due to Covid-19 Visitor Policies - ONLY 1 Family Member can drop off students.
- Families will line up outside and follow CDC Health and Safety regulations such as social distancing, and wearing masks.
- While waiting outside and when dropping off students, social-distancing protocols must be followed (6 feet apart) both outside and inside the building.
- Classroom Doors will open at 8:30 am.
- Masks must be worn by adults and students in order to gain entry to the school building.
- Temperature and Health Screenings will be conducted every day.
- Breakfast will be served to all students every morning.
- If your child is not feeling well, you must keep them home. Safety and health is our biggest priority as we gradually re-open the school for this year.
- Electronic devices are being distributed on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience.
- Students will receive tool kits to use during their at-home learning days.
Thank you for your support and cooperation. We look forward to working with you throughout the year to ensure the health, safety & education of all of our children and families.
3-K SUPPLY LIST
Supplies to be brought to school
***Please label everything with your child’s name including any clothing.
Send in materials as soon as you can.
- 1 box of jumbo/large Crayons
- 1 clear pencil/supply box
- 4 large glue stick
- 1 pair children’s safety scissors
- 1 package of water color paint
- 1 package of large size pencils
- 3 two pocket folders
- 1 school bag big enough to fit a folder (no wheels please)
- Healthy Snack
- Large Ziplock labeled with a change of clothing (socks, underwear pants, shirt)
- A sheet and blanket for nap time
- Pull Up/Diapers that your child wears enough for one month (will ask to bring more when they start to run out)
- 1 box of baby wipes with 2 refill packages
Classroom supplies to be share
- 6 Paper Towel Rolls
- 4 Boxes of Tissues
- 6 Bottles of liquid hand soap
- 1 Box of Band-Aids
- 3 boxes of Ziploc Bags (gallon size)
- 1 Box of Ziploc Bags (sandwich size)
Supplies to be kept at home
***Children will need these supplies for online learning and at home assignments.
- 1 box of jumbo/large crayons
- 2 large glue sticks
- 1 children’s safety scissors
- 1 water color paint
- 1 pack of large size pencils
- 1 pack of construction paper
- 1 package of plain white paper
***Please keep all of these supplies in a large bag or box in a safe place at home, so that it will always be available when needed.