WELCOME TO OUR COVID RESPONSE PAGE
Below you’ll find all the critical information about how PS 100 is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Our school district also has important information and resources for you.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE IN THE BUILDING
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks are optional.
- Hand washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Drop-off and pickup procedures: Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building with their child unless arrangements have been made in advance with the office. Please move through the drop-off and pickup line as quickly as possible to make room for families behind you.
- Visiting our school: We are limiting visitors to the school during this time. Most parent-teacher conferences and other meetings can be held virtually. All visits must be pre-approved and scheduled with the office.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS TAKEN BY OUR SCHOOL
In addition to providing a mask to every child that would like to wear one, hand sanitizer is available throughout the building. These steps have been recommended by local health authorities to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- Improvements in ventilation: In an effort to maximize air circulation, we are opening windows whenever possible.
- Increases in cleaning frequency: Our custodial team is committed to cleaning all classrooms twice daily, once before the school day and once in the afternoon. In addition, all classroom teachers have been provided with sanitizing wipes to wipe down surfaces and shared resources on an as-needed basis throughout the school day.
- Hand sanitation: All bathrooms have been stocked with extra soap for frequent hand washing. In addition, we have provided teachers with hand sanitizer for the classroom and added hand sanitizer stations in common areas.
GUIDANCE FOR IN SCHOOL AND REMOTE LEARNING
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning.
- The DOE has created student accounts for every single New York City public school student, including 3K and Pre-K students. These accounts give students access to Teach Hub/Google Classroom/Clever.
- To retrieve Student Account ID and Password Go to Student Account Self Service
- If you need technical support for Google Classroom, call the DOE Service Desk at 718-935-5100.
- If your student experiences technical issues with their i-pads/laptops, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location.
- Here is the link to go directly to Teach Hub. Please use Google Chrome as your browser.
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 plan, please contact your parent coordinator Irene Cuevas:
Address: 800 Taylor Ave Bronx, NY 10473
*You can also connect with your teachers directly using ClassDojo.
REMOTE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
When students are learning remotely, your child is expected to complete all assignments provided by the teacher. At the same time, we recognize that working independently at home is different and difficult for many students, so we want to provide flexibility.
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates, lessons, and assignments from their teachers. You can find a link to your teacher's Google Classroom on ClassDojo.
- At-home assignments will be posted in Google Classroom.
- Assignments will be graded.
- All students are expected to participate everyday. Attendance will be taken.
- During 100% distance learning, your teacher may conduct live classes via Google Meet/Zoom. Check Google Classroom for your live class schedule.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.
HELP FOR FAMILIES
We are providing free breakfast and lunch for all students during in-school days.
Our Guidance Counselor and School Psychologist are available for virtual meetings. They can also connect your family with community resources to help you.
*Please contact Ms. McMillian, our School’s IEP specialist if your child needs to be evaluated for an IEP or 504 plan.
*Please contact Ms. Jackubowski, our Guidance Counselor, if your family is experiencing a crisis, or needs additional support during this time.
There are many community resources available for families who need help with housing support, utilities, mental health services, crisis services, and other supports during this time. Use the quick links to the right to connect with more community resources.
To stay up to date with any changes to procedures or scheduling, please bookmark this page on your browser. We'll also be sending out emails to all families.
Sign up for updates through the Notify App using the school code: SRZ9VM. Download the app using the Notify tab to the right.